Coronet Fish Products
CORONET FISH PRODUCTS, formerly named as Coronet Canning Company was established in the year 1955 by Late Malpe Madhwaraj. It is the only leading “CANNED FISH FOOD” manufacturing company in India established at Malpe in Udupi District, a beautiful coastal district in Karnataka.
Malpe is a natural port about six kilometers to the west of Udupi, Karnataka, India. An important port and fishing harbor on the Karnataka coast, Malpe is situated at the mouth of the Udyavara River. Malpe coast shelters mutifishery business because of availability of wide range of fish species. The fishes are unloaded from the mechanized boats in fresh condition. The fresh fish are brought in hygienic conditions and is accepted from those suppliers who meet the standard acceptance criteria and follows HACCP as recommended by the establishment. The factory is situated from the malpe harbour at a distance of 0.5 kilometer.
The name Coronet Fish products is well known all over the world for its capacity to manufacture different kinds of canned fish items. The company sells the products with a branded ANCHOR symbol. The Anchor brand products are very well accepted from this pioneer company. The company has stolen the market by supplying the products to defence service canteens, super stores, departments and at present has attracted Export markets. The company abides itself by maintaining internationally accepted quality and hygiene standards based on the Codex principles. However it is very much essential to prove our company as an excellent in production, hence the company has taken a policy decision to adopt HACCP system.
THE GOALS OF THE ORGANIZATION ARE:
- To manufacture and supply excellent food products in safe and hygienic manner, fit for human consumption by satisfying the customer desires/needs and expectation.
- To comply with all International and National Quality and safety standards.
- Provide employment by improving the standard of living of the local people.
Pramod Madhwaraj born on 17.10.1968 to Late M. Madhwaraj and Mrs. Manorama Madhwaraj, married to Mrs. Supriya and has one daughter Prathyaksha, completing his early education in St. Cecily’s Convent, Udupi, Christian High School Udupi and English Medium High School (EMHS) Udupi. He studied P.U Education in MGM College Udupi. He joined KREC Surathkal for Engineering course and studied up to III rd year Engineering.
- He served as Vice President of D.K Dist. NSUI and Secretary of State Youth Congress, was elected the youngest president of D.K. Mogaveera Mahajana Sangha, the apex body of Fishermen at the age of 28 years.
- Still serving the Fishermen community as president of Coastal Fishermen Action Committee, a confederation of 55 various fishermen organizations.
- Was instrumental in increasing the diesel subsidy of Government of Karnataka for fisheries from Rs. 50 lakhs to Rs. 25 Crores per year for 7 years.
- Was instrumental in increasing the diesel subsidy from Government of India from Rs. 1 crore per year to Rs. 7 crore, thus saving mechanized fishing from total destruction due to severe hike in fuel charges.
- Conducted boat race in the Sea for the first time in the Country in Malpe in 1992 drawing a huge crowd of over one lakh people.
- Holding various other posts in the field of religious, social, political and sports activities.
Mr. Pramod Madhwaraj a dynamic person and with foresight businessman from Malpe was mainly responsible for modernization of fishmeal industry in Coastal Karnataka. His grandfather late. Muttappa Saukar and father late. Malpe Madhwaraj was well known for their liberal outlook and advancement of fishing industry in Malpe.
Being a young and dynamic leader of fishermen in Coastal Karnataka with the Engineering background Mr.Pramod Madhwaraj has the acumen inherited from his illustrious family.
He is also the Proprietor of coronet fish products, Malpe manufacturer of well known high quality canned fishery products in domestic markets.